Monday, August 25, 2008

My weekend!!

What a weekend...
I went to my Herbal retreat and WOW....it was so wonderful. There were over 500 women there and were able to just be without judgement. We were able to support each other and just let our spirits take us were we wanted to go....if you wanted to stand up in the crowd and sing you were supported by drummers adding to your beat. You become more aware of your elements and you were able to walk barefoot to feel our mothers surface, or lay in the grass to feel her warm breeze, and let the beautiful sun warm your face.
I took many classes and learned many talents from so many beautiful women...These classes will help me become a better mother as well as a better teacher to my children. I learned more about herbs and there natural abilities to help with common ailments of children. I also learned more activities to do with the kids to get them excited and curious I also learned how to wheat weave and created a beautiful star with an angel....I have already hung my beautiful art work on our front door to protect the home. I also learned the art of soap making and was able to make my own soap from scratch...and from the basic soap recipe I will be able to make liquid soap, and shampoo's, as well as laundry detergent.
What a wonderful weekend, I felt different when I came home I'm able to slow things down a bit more and relax because I realize that all I have is time!! I would recommend this to any woman...child, mother, daughter, grandmother, niece!! I plan on bringing Caila in a few years It will be such a wonderful bonding experience for the both of us!!
I will add pictures later!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a productive and empowering time, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must be putting a lot of what you learned into practice, I MISS you!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh please let me know you stopped by. I love to read comments on my blog:)