Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Love Dare



Well I've just joined a Love dare over at Confessions of a homeschooler especially since I watched the movie Fireproof and really LOVED the movie and the concept even if our marriage isn't in the same state that theirs was in I do believe there is always work to be done in a marriage. Here is what the Love Dare is...
The Love Dare is a 40-day challenge for husbands and wives to understand and practice unconditional love. You can do it as a couple, or if your marriage is in trouble, do it as an individual, for your marriage, out of obedience to Christ. Each day has a challenging lesson on love, followed by a ‘dare’ for the day, and space to journal how it went. For more information visit Fireproof My Marriage

Although we are the happiest at this point in our lives I do think I'm going to start this challenge by myself. I don't want him to know what's in store for him that day...so I'm running out to buy the book today and I will update how my day went later in the evening....

Day 1: Love is patient
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,but have not love, it profits me nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Today's Dare:

The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.

This one is going to be alittle tricky because do tend to tease my hubby and call him silly names like a dork:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please let me know you stopped by. I love to read comments on my blog:)