Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Duggars: 20 and Counting!


Well I feel the need to spread the word about the duggar family. I really love them and their show... just to update you about this family here is alittle backround I got on there website about them...
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar married July 21st, 1984. At that time, they chose to use the birth control pill. They thought, “We don’t want children right now. We can’t afford them. We want children in our timing, when we’re ready.” Four years later they decided to have their first child. Then, Michelle went back on the pill, but she conceived and had a miscarriage. At that point they talked with a Christian medical doctor and read the fine print in the contraceptives package. They found that while taking the pill you can get pregnant and then miscarry. They were grieved! They were Christians! They were pro-life! They realized that their selfish actions had taken the life of their child. They prayed and asked God to forgive them, and to teach them to love children like He loves children. They asked God to bless them with as many children as He saw fit in His timing. Right after that Michelle got pregnant with twins! To date they have been blessed with 17 children, (10 boys and 7 girls) Joshua (& wife Anna), Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer (and #18 due in January 2009!). If you get a chance check out their website or there show.

Well anyway you need to pick up their book ...The Duggars: 20 and Counting! It's very inspiring and touches upon all aspects of their life...it's amazing the jouney this family has taken to get where they are today!! This book has really helped me look at things differently....it's very easy reading and also includes some great recipies as well!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Duggars! Aren't they wonderful!?! I would love to buy their book and hope to soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I gave ya an award-head to my blog: www.scrapandlapbooks.blogspot.com to claim your award. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got and read this book and I LOVE It. It's really something to see how they started out and worked their way up to their lifestyle now. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh please let me know you stopped by. I love to read comments on my blog:)