Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Way Back Wednesday...



So I thought it would be fun to post a now and then picture of me...
The first picture is a senior year high school picture and of course the second is seven years later with my current unnatural looking baby belly at 33 weeks....
I can't believe it's been seven years that I've been out of high school...it's funny because everyone says how they loved high school and would love to go back, but I always think the opposite...I disliked high school very much. I think that's another reason why I wanted to homeschool. All the older, more dedicated teacher's were retiring and they were being replaced by these "cool/hip" teacher's that didn't care about their students they were just on a major power trip. I never really felt liked I belonged anywhere( I mean I was voted most unique for my senior year ballot)I did have lots of acquaintances, I guess you could call them that...You know the people that you exchange homework with before class, or pair up with in a group project but to truly be friends with them I was not. I had three true friends and I'm still in contact with only one of them. My dad always told me growing up don't try to make friends that will last forever...because they won't.. you'll be lucky to have that same friend in ten years. So true Dad thanks:-)
And then their is my life now, I'm more happy at this point in my life than I ever been. I have two beautiful children that I get to enjoy each and every day while schooling them at home, and another blessing on the way . I married my very best friend and we are still deeply in love. As he kisses me good by every morning I'm reminded how lucky I am to have him as a husband...remember it's the little things in life that mean so much. We just bought our first home and we're just so happy to be here...it was a long learning journey for two high school graduates with a baby..but we made it this far, and i can't wait to see what God has planned for us next.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a LOT to show for yourself all these years later-you have most certainly "done good" with your life (and made a heck of a lot less mistakes then we have along the way!!!) And all of us here are soooooo glad to have the new and improved Jenn in our life!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh please let me know you stopped by. I love to read comments on my blog:)