Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chickie updates



Well after only a week I have the, eating from the palm of my hand..lol I can't believe it's already been a week with these little guys! We are having so much fun with our newest additions and we love them as an extension of our family...I know that must sound so coo-coo but we do love them so! So on with the very sad news that we did loose one of our sweethearts last week...Daisy was weak right from the start and I thought she might not make it I never lost hope right up until the end I was telling a friend how much she was a fighter. So the kids held alittle funeral in the back yard and we buried her out back...Caila said a few kind words..."Well I guess God was done with her mommy"...I'm big on talking to the kids about death (my kids are fascinated by death) and telling them that God has a purpose for all of us and when that purpose is served then our time here on earth is over. So that was our sad chick news for the week...
Oh I also wanted to show you a picture of the (baby) roost that I made for them. I really didn't think they were ready or even big enough for this yet but they really seem to like it so need to make another one for them because they are always fighting over it especially because only three fit on this one.

Still looking at coops and tring to decide what features I want for the coop as well as pricing, but for now we got up most of the stockade fencing between our neighbors and us, and we should be finishing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please let me know you stopped by. I love to read comments on my blog:)