Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Prayer Box

Photobucket

Memory Verse: Ecclesiastes 3: 1, 2 - To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven; A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.

Intro: My Prayer Box is a unique personal declaration of faith. It’s a place for our family to lock our worries, wishes, desires and prayers–even keepsakes or photos of loved ones. It’s about gathering thoughts and prayers that allow us to pursue dreams and to recognize that we are never truly alone. My Prayer Box represents faith, which is a force that allows us to believe in things—things you can’t hold in your hand, but can always feel in your heart. Here is a post about prayer boxes and how to get started using them, it’s not too late since it’s early in the year.

Assignment: Tell about your prayer box, if your family has one that you peruse at New Year’s Eve or New year’s Day and share those prayers, thoughts and acts of faith on the next year.

Photo options: pictures of your prayer box(es), collection of prayers, thoughts, or photos; your family sharing the prayers or writing them down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so I'm really excited to jump on board and join in on this wonderful prayer box idea. I was so touched by Jill's blog post that I needed to create our own little tradition and hopfully build wonderful family memories as well!!

My plan it to pick up a little treasure box and have the whole family get involved with decorating it...I'm picturing glitter, hand prints, hearts, maybe a sunset painting(only because I think that it's such a beautiful gift given to us by God each and everyday) I'll have to post a picture as soon as we finish.

You know I wasen't sure what to expect when I started to explore my christian faith...I wasen't sure how I would feel or even if it was something I would understand or even believe. I've been on a search for "something" something to fill this void that I have. I don't know how to explain it but I do know that the more I learn about God in all his wonder, the more I want my children to be apart of it as well...I want their faith to be so strong that they could never deny their love for Him. In saying that I remember asking my mom "how do you know mom...how do you know that God with us?" and she would always reply because I just know...it's something in my heart that I can't deny.... I hope one day that I can feel that strong about Him. So I will be making this prayer box in hopes that it will show me to have faith because he IS always with us.

Thank you Mrs.Nancy for sharing such a wonderul idea for us all to treasure :-)

4 comments:

  1. Are you new to Blogger Friend School? Welcome.

    Abba Father, your daughter is longing to see Your face. Cause her to know, without any doubt, that You are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, and You are her Saviour. Help her to teach her children who you are too. For this is exactly why we are blessed with children, to teach them about you God.

    Bless you

    Mrs. Sombra
    BFS Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I see you are young, so you are just developing a relationship that will endure with him- and frankly, when I was 24 my walk with the Lord was far from stellar, but I wanted what you have mentioned, and he has been ever faithful. Pray for wisdom and for him to open the eyes of your heart so that you may see him. Even at my old age, I still ask for that, and my knowledge and sense of Him has grown in leaps and bounds.

    I think I would have kept the onsie too, it is adorable (saw that on your other post)!

    Blessings,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! We have done something simliar to this and it's such a wonderful idea!! I know it will bring you many blessings as a family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn you are such a beautiful person and I am so thrilled that you are on this lifelong faith journey.

    Hugs,
    Jenn

    I'm starting up a new blog, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh please let me know you stopped by. I love to read comments on my blog:)