Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Ricky


The crescent moon, so meek and mild
prefers to hide his face,
But when he waxes right and full,
he shines with strength and grace.
O may I too develop strength
to shine with all my might—
That like the lovely silver moon
I fill the dark with light.

Happy Birthyday to my first baby... you've changed my world in so many ways you are the joy in my world. Today you turn seven and with every minute you grow even older...I wish you would just STOP it already!!
~It was just yesterday that you were taken out of my belly and put into my arms. I treasured that moment and then I blink...
~You are now 6 months old and I'm rocking you to sleep at 4am because you are sick with an ear infection. I humm you a lullaby and you are asleep in my arms. You look so perfect and I treasure this moment despite my lack of sleep and then I blink....
~You are turning a year old and you are all smiles in your dump truck shirt. You love all the bright balloons. It's present time and you get your gifts your are so over joyed with excitement you play all day and crash hard when it's bed time and momma and daddy tuck you to bed we watch you and listen to you as you suck away on your passy...we look at each other and smile this moment is bliss and then I blink...
~Your now toddling around at the library story time. We play the ittsy bittsy spider and you are so cute with your little chubby hands as you try to do the motions with your stuffed tigger in your arms. I laugh and know that this moment is special because I'm laughing with my baby and at this moment that's all that matters but then I blink...
~It's a big day for you today your going to see Thomas the train at the train station it's 4am in the morning and as I watch you sleep I'm so sad that I won't be able to shar this day with you because mommy is going to be going to the hospital to bring a sister home for you. you come visit me in the hospital and climb on the bed to snuggle with me...and as I hold your sister in one hand I hold you in the other for a picture and I smile with excitement because my life is just so beautiful...I have these blessings in my arms and I know just how lucky I am...but then I blink...
~It's now summertime and we are camping. I sit in front of the fire as I watch you run from here to there your little legs can barely catch up to your eager body as you collect rocks for your dump truck. You race around with your loaded truck but then you trip over a root and you begin to cry daddy scoops you up and rescues the day. Your daddy is your hero and I watch you both together and again remind myself at how luck I am for my family and then I blink...
~ Your now preschool age and I'm not just ready to let you go....We've had so much fun together why do I have to let you go. So we decide to keep you home and together we learn our letters and numbers...we have fun going to museums and parks and I know that this is where you belong because again we are all together enjoying life and exploring everything around us...but then I blinked....
~Your know playing with your best friend...your baby sister who's no longer a baby and together your building a great big block tower and I watch as my belly grows larger with another baby who grows stronger in my belly. I smile and I wonder if you will be close with your new sibling like you are with your little sister. I smile with pride at you because you are such a wonderful big brother...and then I blink...
~It's now your seventh Birthday and you are building your lego tanker truck....I watch in amazement at how you build your newest lego creation with ease and I think back at all your amazing milestones you've already done in your seven years of life. Ricky you are such a wonderful boy I treasure our moments together and wish they could last forever. Happy birthday to my first born you will always be my baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please let me know you stopped by. I love to read comments on my blog:)